[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Bugs-29096 ] gem pristine command fails with NameError Gem::RemoteFetcher

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Wed Mar 23 19:25:23 EDT 2011

Bugs item #29096, was opened at 2011-03-21 13:57
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=575&aid=29096&group_id=126

Category: `gem` commands (remote behavior)
Group: None

Initial Comment:
You can see the output from the command here: https://gist.github.com/0a77cd75114756dfff60#file_raw_gem_pristine.log

This was achieved using rubygems 1.6.2 on Ruby 1.9.2-p180.

When I add a require 'rubygems/remote_fetcher' to the require list of the pristine_command.rb file it fixes the problem. However I am not familiar enough with the source code to say whether this is the best fix or not.  A quick check in the install_command shows me that the remote_fetcher can be required elsewhere to make remote commands work.