[Rubygems-developers] The 1.7 Plan

Ryan Davis ryand-ruby at zenspider.com
Fri Mar 11 17:31:46 EST 2011

On Mar 3, 2011, at 19:12 , Evan Phoenix wrote:

> I'm working with the bundler guys to make sure we don't bust them for the release.

cool cool... thanks.

> Additionally, if there are other projects that have hard rubygems API dependencies, please let me know so that I can be sure add it to my list.

none that I know of, but that's probably more ignorance on my part.

I'm mostly going to be adding API that we don't have than changing API that we do. Of course, I'll probably be changing the guts of Gem.activate and friends a fair amount, but now that we actually have tests on them, I hopefully won't be changing them (too much) in incompatible ways.

> Ryan, do you want to coordinate on making these changes or should we all dive in?

I'll coordinate. I have some ideas I need to get out of my head before we can all dive in.