[ANN] rubygems-update 1.8.7 Released
drbrain at segment7.net
Thu Aug 4 20:55:32 EDT 2011
rubygems-update version 1.8.7 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or `ri Gem`)
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
See UPGRADING.rdoc for more details and alternative instructions.
If you don't have RubyGems installed, your can still do it manually:
* Download from: https://rubygems.org/pages/download
* Unpack into a directory and cd there
* Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
=== 1.8.7 / 2011-08-04
* Bug fixes:
* Added missing require for `gem uninstall --format-executable`
* The correct name of the executable being uninstalled is now displayed with
* Fixed `gem unpack uninstalled_gem` default version picker
* RubyGems no longer claims a nonexistent gem can be uninstalled
* `gem which` no longer claims directories are requirable files
* `gem cleanup` continues cleaning up gems if one can't be uninstalled due
to permissions. Issue #82
* Gem repository directories are no longer created world-writable. Patch by
Sakuro OZAWA. Ruby Bug #4930
More information about the RubyGems-Developers