[Rubygems-developers] gem lock

Nick Quaranto nick at quaran.to
Wed Sep 29 23:29:48 EDT 2010

This conversation is about to take a horrible turn and I'd rather it not go
that way. Let's just deprecate the command and recommend using Bundler.
There's more important issues to solve with the rubygems client, such as
mirroring, the progress bar, and performance enhancements if at all
possible. Oh yeah, and what happened to gem metadata?

I'd love to see a roadmap and feature list laid down for 1.4 as soon as
possible. Target it for RubyConf week.

-Nick