[Rubygems-developers] gem lock

James Tucker jftucker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 23:26:30 EDT 2010

On 30 Sep 2010, at 00:12, Ryan Davis wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2010, at 19:57 , James Tucker wrote:
>

>> On 29 Sep 2010, at 22:00, Ryan Davis wrote:
>>> I've been talking to Eric about the possibility of merging Isolate into rubygems and he's agreed that it is a good idea.
>>
>> Why?
>
> for the same reason that `gem lock` exists, only it works and people use it.

Not why does Isolate exist, I mean why merge this into RubyGems?

Isolate has the same bugs already described earlier in this thread. I know it's "simple" by comparison to other offerings that have a feature or two in common, I get that, but that is not a reason for RubyGems to merge it in, especially if it doesn't actually solve bugs already described.