[Rubygems-developers] gem lock

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 05:12:16 EDT 2010

I recently noticed that `gem` had a `lock` command. I played around
with it and found it mostly useless. First, one has to provide it the
name and version of an installed gem. It would be much more useful if
it could take a gemspec file instead. Also, it does not appear to
utilize remote gem source(s) to resolve best dependencies, but simply
uses the versions of gems installed locally. It would be much more
useful if it recognized the --remote option and acted accordingly.
Also, it could use an option to include/not-include development