[Rubygems-developers] Canonical Repo and Forks?
thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 01:06:21 EDT 2010
I was considering applying this one-character and (seemingly) obvious
bugfix pull request which just came in:
However, I'm unclear on the current state of things, especially in
context of the recent thread discussing regressions. Questions:
* Where is the canonical repo? The one on Github? Is the rubyforge
repo dead now? Can we delete it? I've got both on CI for now ,
* If I commit to master branch on github, do I need to apply the patch
to any other branches or forks?
* Are there any forks which to which I might not have access (e.g.
1.9)? If so, what do I need to do in this case? Put in a ticket
and/or patch to Ruby?
* Against which forks/branches should I run unit tests (whether I can
commit or not?)
* Are the answers to these questions documented anywhere other than
other committer's heads?
More information about the Rubygems-developers