[Rubygems-developers] is this thing on?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:09:13 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM, James Tucker <jftucker at gmail.com> wrote:
> You want more contributors, but are you going to step up? Are you willing to pay for a CI system that has a VM for a few major linux platforms, BSD, OSX and Windows? Are you willing to build up an OBS attachment so we can do cross-package cross-version testing? Would you build a server testing CI to test rubygems.org against older rubygems release versions as well as master? Will you grab the current pull requests and give us a report of ruby versions and major interpreters and platforms in an easy to understand matrix of output showing where it causes failures? Will you then test that against chef and bundler too, to ensure it doesn't break those? And finally what about against plugins, geminstaller, isolate, gem2rpm, etc?

I will step up to this task, and it is the main focus of my long-term
OSS efforts.  I also want to do it for Rails and Ruby itself.
Unfortunately, it is a very large and complicated task, and getting
anything usable is probably still at least a year or so out (my OSS
work moves at glacial speed compared to others).

-- Chad