[Rubygems-developers] is this thing on?

James Tucker jftucker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 08:04:08 EDT 2010

On 17 Oct 2010, at 18:08, Luis Lavena wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Going to top post on this because:
>
> - The original thread is going way to far from my original question.
> - The trend seems to be defensive/aggressive
> - It is turning into OT the whole CI/regression conversation.
>
> I thought my original question was simple, but going to rephrase it
> since seems is not:
>
> Is anyone leading this thing? And if so, in the case of Eric, when
> RubyGems will be in his attention-field?
>
> Asking this because last time I missed his attention field and 0.9.5
> got released turning the following weeks of that a nightmare of
> support for Ruby on Windows (ala: me). It happen again in one of 1.2.x
> releases. I don't want to reach strike 3.
>
> As Eric, I want to schedule my time properly, and for that I need to
> know what is going on and where are we headed to.
>
> You can bring your whole CI/regression conversation in a new thread if
> you want, but I have 12 open source project and juggling time for them
> is turning a bit complicated.

As it happens, not currently having the ability to test on win32 is the exact reason I personally haven't merged the progressbars patches. That and scripted installs, there's a few other platform / use case oddities that need to be checked out. I want to get to it, but I'm not rushing as it's the kind of thing that doesn't work properly on non/bad ttys.

As far as making testing on win32 easier is concerned, that'd help, but I'm not sure if anyones willing to fork out for a win32 CI box. I actually do have space on a server I have knocking around, but in my case, time and simple remote access are the annoying factors.