[Rubygems-developers] is this thing on?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 15:50:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby at zenspider.com> wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2010, at 18:38 , Luis Lavena wrote:
>> So I've been wondering: what is going on? -- this goes specially to
>> Eric, who is lead and maintainer of RubyGems -- are you too busy?
> This is just how Eric is. Frustrating as it may be at times, Eric works on what he wants to work on when he wants to work on it. It keeps him sane. Currently his focus is on rdoc. He'll cycle back around to rubygems before long. I through all my years of working with him have not found an effective means of escalating an issue to him when he doesn't want to pay attention to it.

Can we get Eric's schedule, perhaps in a Calendar so every people
coming with problems, sending patches and waiting for feedback know
when he is available?

Like business times (from 9 to 5, Mon-Fri) for Eric will be "Ask this
in 2 weeks, see his calendar [here]".

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry