[Rubygems-developers] Remove RDoc generation

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:00:28 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Chad Woolley <thewoolleyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> The significant statistic would be how many people who install a gem
> actually USE the autogenerated rdocs.  I personally always turn them
> off to speed installation.
> I'm +1 on making it default to off, if only to increase the perceived
> speed of gem installation in the default case.  If you know enough to
> want rdoc, you should know enough to enable autogeneration.

I turned it off since installing Rails generate sometimes error, also
speed. Pretty much never rely on generated documentation (rubydoc.info
or apidock.com to the rescue)

And when I really need to digg into the code, I most of the time do
gem/bundle open and browse the source code.
Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry