[Rubygems-developers] Remove RDoc generation

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:42:18 EST 2010

With YARD becoming so popular and working in a more intuitive way
(i.e. live updating of documentation), I see  the automatic RDdoc
generation done by RubyGems as outmoded. At very least I would like to
see it as an option we have to turn ON rather than OFF. Better still
would be to add live rdoc building to the gem server. Though it might
make sense to make the rdoc server a separate tool altogether.