[Rubygems-developers] The Deal

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 19:11:25 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 8:38 PM, John Barnette <jbarnette at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> We had a RubyGems pow-wow at RubyConf. Along with a bunch of other good stuff, Evan and I will be actively maintaining RubyGems when Eric is focused on other things. Drunk on our newly-usurped power, we have a few notes for the future:
> [...]

Thank you John for providing this not so brief but richful amount of

I think integrate a proper progress information (re: Progress Bar pull
request) is important to hit on 1.4

More and more gems like java ones which bundle .jars or ones for
Windows with dlls and binaries are showing up on rubygems, and the
size of the gems are neither advertised on rubygems.org or during the
gem download.

Will email about my feature branch and proposal later this week.

Thank you.
Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry