[Rubygems-developers] [CruiseControl] RubyGemsGitHub build 925aca6 failed

James Tucker jftucker at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 18:13:02 EST 2010

On 14 Nov 2010, at 09:31, John Barnette wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2010, at 20:25, devnull+rubygems-ci at pivotallabs.com wrote:
>> The build failed.
>>
>> TEST FAILURES AND ERRORS
>> -----------------------
>> Name: test_self_find_files(TestGem)
>> Type: Failure
>> Message: Expected ["/home/pivotal/.cruise/projects/RubyGemsGitHub/work/test/foo/discover.rb",
>> "/tmp/test_rubygems_31020/gemhome/gems/foo-2/lib/foo/discover.rb",
>> "/tmp/test_rubygems_31020/gemhome/gems/foo-1/lib/foo/discover.rb"], not ["/home/pivotal/.cruise/projects/RubyGemsGitHub/work/test/foo/discover.rb",
>> "/tmp/test_rubygems_31020/gemhome/gems/foo-1/lib/foo/discover.rb",
>> "/tmp/test_rubygems_31020/gemhome/gems/foo-2/lib/foo/discover.rb"].
>>
>> ./test/test_gem.rb:303
>
> This is a test that's inconsistent: It started occasionally failing on my machine too. I'll make a ticket and look at it at some point unless somebody else gets to it first.

It's already there, and assigned to Evan, see #28717 [1]

Lets turn off plugin loading in rubygems.rb and then revert the find_files optimisations.

We do need to run through the test suite and make sure that it always cleans up installed gems and the load path. I think the helpers should take blocks with ensures, or record to test-local state and cleanup in teardown.

The source of the problem is that foo-1 is in the $LOAD_PATH in the failing cases, and not in the passing cases. I tried to fix this another way, but was partly misunderstanding the problem.

[1] http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=28717&group_id=126&atid=575