[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Bugs-27216 ] R1.9 require does not work when ENV['GEM_PATH'] specified

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Nov 12 17:46:27 EST 2010

Bugs item #27216, was opened at 2009-09-30 02:18
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=575&aid=27216&group_id=126

Category: #gem and #require methods
Group: v1.3.x

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I'm trying to modify GEM_PATH variable from ruby script. However, modification of GEM_PATH environment variable has no effect since rubygems/custom_require is not required for Ruby 1.9. What was the intention here?

Of course I can use Kernel.gem method which will populate $LOAD_PATH properly and then regular require works well, but is not consistent, since you don't have to do it for regular gem directories.

Cheers

Vit

Comment By: Ryan Davis (zenspider)
Date: 2010-11-12 14:46

Message:
This ticket has been deemed stale and we're closing it in order to catch up
with our ticket list. If you think it is still valid, please reopen.