[Rubygems-developers] Rubygems Packaging Enhancements and Designs

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 19:45:13 EDT 2010

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, James Tucker wrote:

> On 31 Mar 2010, at 21:05, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > That's clear and readily found.  What isn't so clear is what is going on
> > with require, gem versioning, and the deprecation of require_gem. Examples
> > in some books will need to be changed.
> I have done a first pass through the first book and fixed many of the broken items and loose markup, as well as added updates to reflect recent rubygems.org introduction and the gem push command.

I was still talking about examples from print books that are out
there.  Some will be made obsolete by more recent editions, we face
the same upper bounds imposed by availability of people to do this,
but I'm coming from the position that a continual criticism of Ruby
has been the limits on its documentation.  Provision of these
corrections seems like it could be a good aspiration, even if we
only make limited progress.

> If you have more specific updates or have a moment to review the changes, further input would be welcome.

I'm clearly not looking in the right place, bowl me the URL and I'll see
if I've anything useful to add.