[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Bugs-27872 ] 1.3.6 " gem unpack" fails with " You don't have write permissions" error

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Wed Mar 3 14:55:10 EST 2010

Bugs item #27872, was opened at 2010-02-22 18:07
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=575&aid=27872&group_id=126

Category: None
Group: v1.3.x

Initial Comment:
Running "gem unpack" version 1.3.6 as a non-root user (without write permissions into the system gem repository) fails with a permissions error, even though the target directory IS writable.

This appears to be a 1.3.6 regression as it worked properly before.