[Rubygems-developers] Deactivate RDoc Generation

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 13:07:59 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Trans <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to globally turn off RDoc generation on install?

in ~/.gemrc --no-ri --no-rdoc for install and update commands

> Side thought: With the advent of everything "cloud", it seems like
> generating the RDocs would be better as an option to turn on, rather
> than off. Also consider that YARD is getting more play, and Tomdoc
> looks like it could become a player down the road too.

I was working on a post_install hook to generate a sqlite3-driven YARD
index, powered by a small sinatra app, but is just for Windows. :-P

Stole the idea from Aaron Patterson who uses that in nokogiri:

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry