[Rubygems-developers] Problems compiling native gems under Snow Leopard + Homebrew

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 13:15:25 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Chad Woolley <thewoolleyman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hopefully somebody here can help with this, I've asked a few other
>> places with no success.
> Chad, did you bring this up on the RVM list
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyversionmanager?hl=en
> Don't recall seeing it there, but it's another place to ask.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did ask on the RVM list [1].  Luis
responded and asked for some additional info, which I added to the
gist:  http://gist.github.com/456916

I also got a response from adamv on the homebrew mailing list.  He
suggested doing a universal mysql build, which I did, but now the
mysql gem does not compile at all.  Here's the mkmf.log:

Thanks for the help,
-- Chad

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/rubyversionmanager/browse_thread/thread/8d385835387c5ed7