[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems/Gemcutter Support Site

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Wed Jan 20 16:43:11 EST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 12:51, Chad Woolley wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I think the idea is to replace all the support request and provide
>> more information about the new gem repository instead of dealing with
>> them "off the list" and overwhelm poor Nick.
>
> Sure, and that's a good thing.  However, if the Tender site is a
> "dedicated support forum for RubyGems", and the Rubyforge Tracker
> isn't shut down or migrated, there will be two places to enter
> RubyGems bugs/issues/feature requests, resulting in duplication and
> confusion.

I think that if there's duplication between the two of issues we can
figure out what to do when it happens.  It's not as if there's
hundreds of bugs being filed between releases.

There's already two places I look for bugs against RubyGems, the
rubyforge tracker and redmine.ruby-lang.org.  A third just isn't that
big of a deal to me (and I'm the one who ends up closing most of the
bugs).