[Rubygems-developers] [ANN] rubygems-update 1.3.6 Released
drbrain at segment7.net
Sat Feb 20 20:35:13 EST 2010
rubygems-update version 1.3.6 has been released!
RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
See Gem for information on RubyGems (or `ri Gem`)
To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
$ gem update --system # you might need to be an administrator or root
NOTE: RubyGems 1.1 and 1.2 have problems upgrading when there is no
rubygems-update installed. You will need to use the following instructions
if you see "Nothing to update".
If you have an older version of RubyGems installed, then you can still
do it in two steps:
$ gem install rubygems-update # again, might need to be admin/root
$ update_rubygems # ... here too
If you don't have any RubyGems install, there is still the pre-gem approach to
getting software, doing it manually:
1. Download from: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126
2. Unpack into a directory and cd there
3. Install with: ruby setup.rb # you may need admin/root privilege
For more details and other options, see:
ruby setup.rb --help
### 1.3.6 / 2010-02-17
http://rubygems.org is now the default source for downloading gems.
You may have sources set via ~/.gemrc, so you should replace
http://gems.rubyforge.org with http://rubygems.org
http://gems.rubyforge.org will continue to work for the forseeable future.
* `gem` commands
* Added `gem push` and `gem owner` for interacting with modern/Gemcutter
* `gem dep` now supports --prerelease.
* `gem fetch` now supports --prerelease.
* `gem server` now supports --bind. Patch #27357 by Bruno Michel.
* `gem rdoc` no longer overwrites built documentation. Use --overwrite
force rebuilding. Patch #25982 by Akinori MUSHA.
* Captial letters are now allowed in prerelease versions.
* Development deps are no longer added to rubygems-update gem so older
versions can update sucessfully.
* Installer bugs:
* Prerelease gems can now depend on non-prerelease gems.
* Development dependencies are ignored unless explicitly needed. Bug #27608
by Roger Pack.
* `gem` commands
* `gem which` now fails if no paths were found. Adapted patch #27681 by
* `gem server` no longer has invalid markup. Bug #27045 by Eric Young.
* `gem list` and friends show both prerelease and regular gems when
--prerelease --all is given
* Gem::Format no longer crashes on empty files. Bug #27292 by Ian Ragsdale.
* Gem::GemPathSearcher handles nil require_paths. Patch #27334 by Roger Pack.
* Gem::RemoteFetcher no longer copies the file if it is where we want it.
Patch #27409 by Jakub Šťastný.
* lib/rubygems/timer.rb has been removed.
* Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed on or
after August 2010.
* Bulk index update is no longer supported.
* Gem::manage_gems was removed in 1.3.3.
* Time::today was removed in 1.3.3.
More information about the Rubygems-developers