drbrain at segment7.net
Tue Feb 9 16:54:33 EST 2010
It's that time again!
This release is focused on getting gemcutter merged with RubyGems, but there are some other bug fixes and minor new features:
=== 1.3.6 / 2010-02-??
* `gem` commands
* Added `gem push` and `gem owner` for interacting with modern/Gemcutter
* `gem dep` now supports --prerelease.
* `gem fetch` now supports --prerelease.
* `gem server` now supports --bind. Patch #27357 by Bruno Michel.
* `gem rdoc` no longer overwrites built documentation. Use --overwrite
force rebuilding. Patch #25982 by Akinori MUSHA.
* Captial letters are now allowed in prerelease versions.
* Development deps are no longer added to rubygems-update gem so older
versions can update sucessfully.
* Installer bugs:
* Prerelease gems can now depend on non-prerelease gems.
* Development dependencies are ignored unless explicitly needed. Bug #27608
by Roger Pack.
* `gem` commands
* `gem which` now fails if no paths were found. Adapted patch #27681 by
* `gem server` no longer has invalid markup. Bug #27045 by Eric Young.
* Gem::Format no longer crashes on empty files. Bug #27292 by Ian Ragsdale.
* Gem::GemPathSearcher handles nil require_paths. Patch #27334 by Roger Pack.
* Gem::RemoteFetcher no longer copies the file if it is where we want it.
Patch #27409 by Jakub Šťastný.
* lib/rubygems/timer.rb has been removed.
* Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed on or
after August 2010.
* Bulk index update is no longer supported.
* Gem::manage_gems was removed in 1.3.3.
* Time::today was removed in 1.3.3.
I'd like to give this a week and then release.
I'll merge the 1_3 branch into ruby trunk afterwards and do a followup release if changes were required.
You can download and install the update:
gem install rubygems-update-1.3.6.pre.1.gem; update_rubygems
unpack; cd rubygems-1.3.6.pre.1; ruby setup.rb
More information about the Rubygems-developers