[Rubygems-developers] gem list as input to gem install?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:19:59 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Hugh Sasse <hgs at dmu.ac.uk> wrote:
> I see the above would be true if it were in use.  My point is that his
> project doesn't use it, and I can't impose it on him, or any arbitrary
> project.  So I agree that it will be a useful thing for new projects,
> but for existing code bases which don't use bundler, I would
> need something else.

Ah, you don't have control over the codebase.  Yeah, in that case try
John Trupiano's code :)

Also, there was some discussion a while back about adding "import" and
"export" gem commands.  I wrote some spike code which uses
GemInstaller, and someone else wrote a different solution.  That seems
like a good place to stick this functionality, and maybe that way you
won't have to hack it into RubyGems itself.  I grabbed the 'import'
and 'export' projects/namespaces on RubyForge, let me know if you want
to take them over and implement this...

--- Chad