[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Bugs-28746 ] gem install complains of frozen filename on 1.8.7-p302

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Dec 31 21:17:14 EST 2010

Bugs item #28746, was opened at 2010-11-23 01:39
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=575&aid=28746&group_id=126

Category: `gem install` command
Group: next

Initial Comment:
This patch solves this issue, although it may not be satisfactory. Best I can tell this is not a gems issue but a side-effect of it using optparse.

https://gist.github.com/b50b26a6e5cc2124ffee

Date: 2010-12-31 18:17

Message:
I don't remember! It was gem build but this feels like an eternity since I reported
it.

Anyhow, I'll just close it.

Comment By: Luis Lavena (luislavena)
Date: 2010-12-31 15:23

Message:
Hello Eric,

Can you provide more information about gem install issues? which gems this happens? which version of Ruby?

Try to include the whole "gem env" information to help us debug this issue.

I've been using p302 for quite some time and never encountered this issue.

Thank you.

Comment By: Erik Hollensbe (erikh)
Date: 2010-11-23 01:39

Message: