[Rubygems-developers] download-reporter branch for review

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 10:10:05 EST 2010

I've reimplemented the original proposal from Ryan Melt:

Into 'download-reporter' branch:

Basically I've created a SilentDownloadReporter and
VerboseDownloadReporter to mimic *ProgressReporter.

I've also made it non-tty friendly, so deployment logs do not generate
lot of noise due redirections.

To see how it looks like, I've created the following gists:

Above shows download reports for every single HTTP download RubyGems
does, and that could be noisy (see all the fetching of gemspecs on a
clean home)

This one:

Only display the reporter for .gem files, less noisy but there is
still some "silence" before due the gemspec fetching.

If nobody objects, will merge it into master.

Looking forward for your comments and suggestions. Perhaps the API can
be cleaned up.

Thank you for your time.
Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry