[Rubygems-developers] The 1.9 Plan

Ryan Davis ryand-ruby at zenspider.com
Wed Dec 22 17:32:59 EST 2010

On Dec 22, 2010, at 05:17 , Luis Lavena wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby at zenspider.com> wrote:
>> Luis, consider this your heads-up that we're close to release...
> Thank you.
> I'm going to merge the --launch command for "gem server" into 1.4

> I'm still not 100% sure what you're expecting from us in relation to
> merge ruby-trunk changes.

We've got a lot of changes (mostly additions?) on trunk that aren't in 1.4. If we're going to release 1.4 soon I say we push it as close to as-is as possible. JB intended 1.4 to be a "holy crap we haven't pushed anything in 7 months! PUSH NOW!!".

We will do a 1.5 in a month (4-6 weeks from this release).