[Rubygems-developers] Contributing to Ruby Projects

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:12:26 EST 2010

I would like some constructive appraisal. I recently offered some
patches to RubyGems. I feel I was making my best effort to contribute
some functionality to the code base that would be useful to
developers. But in this process, rather then feel a part of a
community effort, even if only a minor part, I felt rather skewered...

  https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/14
  (above in context https://github.com/trans/rubygems/commit/b61fd7cb577a8df6be2feb1a35983e9846d31b3c)
  https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/12
  https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/pull/8

I'm not sure why anyone would contribute to a Ruby project if it
transpires like this. But then maybe thats the way it is? Is this
really what one should expect?