[Rubygems-developers] Remove RDoc generation

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:19:57 EST 2010

On Dec 1, 1:41 pm, James Tucker <jftuc... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I think it may need some work to support the user install location too (see Gem.path). Once it supports the user path, maybe they could be generated in that location instead of the system location?

If the gem is installed in the user location, then the documentation
will be generated there too. I'm not sure about forcing all docs to be
generated to the user location, but that's an idea. What do others
think? The other option is to just present an error page saying why
the rdocs could not be generated and what can be done about it.