[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems 1.3.7.pre.1 - please review!
drbrain at segment7.net
Thu Apr 22 14:00:13 EDT 2010
Did I miss anything?
* Requires Ruby 1.8.6 or newer.
* `gem` commands
* `gem install` and `gem fetch` now report alternate platforms when a
matching one couldn't be found.
* `gem contents` --prefix is now the default as specified in --help. Bug
#27211 by Mamoru Tasaka.
* `gem fetch` can fetch of old versions again. Bug #27960 by Eric Hankins.
* `gem query` and friends output now lists platforms. Bug #27856 by Greg
* `gem server` now allows specification of multiple gem dirs for
documentation. Bug #27573 by Yuki Sonoda.
* `gem unpack` can unpack gems again. Bug #27872 by Timothy Jones.
* `gem unpack` now unpacks remote gems.
* --user-install is no longer the default. If you really liked it, see
Gem::ConfigFile to learn how to set it by default. (This change was made
* RubyGems now has platform support for IronRuby. Patch #27951 by Will Green.
* Require rubygems/custom_require if --disable-gem was set. Bug #27700 by
* RubyGems now protects against exceptions being raised by plugins.
* rubygems/builder now requires user_interaction. Ruby Bug #1040 by Phillip
* Gem::Dependency support #version_requirements= with a warning. Fix for old
Rails versions. Bug #27868 by Wei Jen Lu.
* Gem::PackageTask depends on the package dir like the other rake package
tasks so dependencies can be hooked up correctly.
More information about the Rubygems-developers