[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Bugs-27573 ] "gem server" command reads only one directory.

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Apr 22 00:20:32 EDT 2010

Bugs item #27573, was opened at 2009-12-15 18:45
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=575&aid=27573&group_id=126

Category: `gem server` command
>Group: v1.3.x

Initial Comment:
"gem server" command reads specs from only one directory, by default, Gem.dir.
The command can take --dir option, however, it does not support two or more directories.

I use --user-install for all gems when installing. So I hope the spec loader to be able to read specs from two or more directories and to read from both GEM_HOME and GEM_PATH by default.