[Rubygems-developers] Behavior change for --source

John Barnette jbarnette at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 01:01:27 EDT 2009

I've changed the behavior of --source in trunk.

Before r2315, the first specification of --source would remove the
defaults from Gem.sources, requiring flags for each source that should
be searched. After r2315, --source is purely additive. This makes
cross-source dependencies more manageable. For a completely restricted
list of sources, you can use --clear-sources:

$ gem install --clear-sources --source http://only.this.one.example.com/

Eric and I have talked this over pretty thoroughly, but I'd like to
hear from you if you have any concerns about this change.

~ j.