[Rubygems-developers] Hoe, Rubyforge, and name confusion

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Thu May 28 16:57:04 EDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 12:52, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> I'm getting nowhere fast.
> I'm still getting "invalid package_id" when I try to release.
> I tried
> rubyforge create_package <<my_group_id>> ri_cal
> which added a new package number to my autoconfig.yml, but when I try
> to release THAT is the new number which comes up as invalid.
> I guess I'm going to have to manually upload the gem through the web
> interface AGAIN.
> I'd sure love to get some advice, it's not that I haven't already been
> pulling my hair out with google and reading the code in the hoe and
> rubyforge gems.

I've found an rical package under the rical project:

but no ri_cal project:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ri_cal (which is 404)

If you want to release as the rical project, this should do it:

$ rubyforge config rical
$ rake release

Usually rubyforge correctly adds the package_id, but sometimes it
seems to forget.

Check your rubyforge_project under `rake debug_gem` to make sure it