[Rubygems-developers] Hoe, Rubyforge, and name confusion

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:52:43 EDT 2009

I'm getting nowhere fast.

I'm still getting "invalid package_id" when I try to release.

I tried

rubyforge create_package <<my_group_id>> ri_cal

which added a new package number to my autoconfig.yml, but when I try
to release THAT is the new number which comes up as invalid.

I guess I'm going to have to manually upload the gem through the web
interface AGAIN.

I'd sure love to get some advice, it's not that I haven't already been
pulling my hair out with google and reading the code in the hoe and
rubyforge gems.