[Rubygems-developers] Revision 2193, Windows Results

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:35:52 EDT 2009

Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Luis Lavena wrote:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> The following are the results of RubyGems revision 2193 running
>>> against MinGW and VC6 versions of Ruby.
>>>
>>> http://pastie.org/466833
>> Looks like the one failure either needs to be skipped or the test itself
>> needs to be adjusted.
>>

> I see VC6 skips 6 tests while MinGW only 4, maybe there is a problem
> with the platform evaluation?

Not entirely. The skipped messages that include "VC++" are only skipped
for versions of Ruby built with Visual Studio, not the cygwin/mingw builds.

Or rather, it looks for a platform match of "mswin". I thought that
excluded cygwin and mingw. Is that not the case?

I thought cygwin supported symlinks. Is that not true?

Perhaps a better approach would be to inspect CONFIG['CC'], or one of
the other attributes.

Regards,

Dan