[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems setup.rb --destdir patch

Richard Brown rbrown at exherbo.org
Mon Mar 9 18:13:52 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 22:01, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> Can someone tell me if this patch for --destdir behavior is correct?
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=23964&group_id=126&atid=577
> I don't use --destdir, so I don't know the desired behavior.

Luis changed the behaviour of --destdir shortly after I wrote the
original patch to add it, we never agreed on restoring it, I think the
thread on-list fizzled out. The patch you linked to is similar to
http://tinyurl.com/aslo8n, which is the patch I use in exherbo to make
setup.rb do what I want. I haven't thought about how it affects
windows, so I haven't submitted it.

Richard Brown