[Rubygems-developers] gem() command caches gem list upon first invocation

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 03:24:59 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:17 PM, John Trupiano <jtrupiano at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am willing to troubleshoot
> this further, but to be honest, I'm not sure how to go about modifying the
> rubygems library itself.  Are there instructions for how to maintain your
> own fork/branch of the library so that I can continue to troubleshoot the
> issue?

RubyGems is on SVN.  Just check out a read-only copy, make changes,
and submit a bug + patch:

svn checkout http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/svn/

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=575&group_id=126&func=browse

When you finish, post to this thread (or go ahead and create the bug
and assign to me), then I can test and apply your patch to trunk.

Thanks for your help.

-- Chad