[Rubygems-developers] 1.3.5 soon

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 23:04:30 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Eric Hodel<drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I didn't upload a new gem after the UTF-8 change, I only merged to the 1_3
> branch.
>
> I'm not able to reproduce your issue, but I have a separate and possibly
> related one:

I was able to reduce the issue and put it in the minimal sample:

http://pastie.org/528957

Trying to do File.read on ChangeLog is failing, however on 1.8.6 the
exact same command works flawlessly.

Changing the Windows codepage results in exactly the same issue.

Not enough space on STDOUT is a issue quite common with outputting
unicode on a device not supporting it (or viceversa).

Now, that happens on IRB, and I think that what it read is not
correctly interpreted by encodings on Windows when executed with
Regexp (line 360 of hoe.rb)

Should ChangeLog be bundled inside the gem? And why Hoe try to parse
every file listed in the Gem spec?

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17