[Rubygems-developers] Trunk version of rubygems should always be > released version

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Sun Jun 21 17:04:31 EDT 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009, Chad Woolley wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Eric Hodel<drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> > We've been over this, and the answer is no.
> >
> > Don't make the change unless you're making a release.
>
> Why?  I've described valid and useful reasons to do this.  I don't
> remember your reasons against it, can you repeat them?

Off the top of my head I can't remember either, but it looks like it
might be time to compile a FAQ for things like this and other coding
standards, whether people should be expecting to be keel-hauled for
top posting, and so on.

The archive is pointed to in the message headers, no time for me to
search for you now.

> Thanks,
> -- Chad

        Hugh