[Rubygems-developers] Hoe'ify broke Gem::RubyGemsVersion for me

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:48:09 EDT 2009

The last commit 2232 broke Gem::RubyGemsVersion for me by moving it
from rubygems/rubygems_version.rb to rubygems.rb.

GemInstaller runs unit tests (and useful functional tests for Rubygems
itself) via CI against the trunk version of RubyGems via an svn
external.  Before, I could force the RubyGems version to come from the
svn external by forcing a load of the trunk rubygems_version.rb before
the system version of rubygems got activated.

Now that it was moved into rubygems.rb, I cannot do that anymore.  I
also cannot just force a load of the trunk rubygems.rb, because that
causes other problems (including breaking my ability to run regression
tests against older versions of rubygems).

Any reason we can't put the version back in rubygems/rubygems_version.rb?

-- Chad