[Rubygems-developers] [CruiseControl] RubyGems build 2232 failed

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:55:19 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM, <devnull+rubygems-ci at pivotallabs.com> wrote:
> The build failed.
>
> CHANGES
> -------
> New revision 2232 detected
> Revision 2232 committed by zenspider on 2009-06-12 23:12:38
> hoe'd the rakefile
> See http://ci.pivotallabs.com:3333/builds/RubyGems/2232 for details.

Is this because of a downlevel Hoe version on our CI server?  If so,
we can set up a wrapper build script to run GemInstaller (or anything
you want to accomplish same thing) and also print out env stats.  This
is what we do on the Rails build:

http://github.com/rails/rails/blob/master/ci/ci_build.rb

I DON'T want to manually install a required version of Hoe, even
though I could - it is better to have the build completely specify its
required dependencies (this is a shared server CI anyway, but it's the
principle).

Let me know how I can help.

-- Chad
-- Chad