[Rubygems-developers] Hoe, Rubyforge, and name confusion

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:42:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby at zenspider.com> wrote:

>> Hoe.new('ri_cal', RiCal::VERSION) do |p|
>>  p.rubyforge_name = 'ri-cal'
>>
>>  p.developer('Rick DeNatale', 'rick.denatale at gmail.com')
>> end
>
> isn't that prettier?
>
> this means: the gem name is "ri_cal" and it is published under the "ri-cal"
> rubyforge project. This appears to be the case:

Thanks, using "ri_cal" as the first arg to Hoe.new, and 'ri-cal' as
the project name does seem to be correct.

It finally worked but only after I'd manually added
processor_ids:
  IA64: 6000
  Any: 8000
  AMD-64: 1500
  PPC: 2000
  Sparc: 4000
  Other: 9999
  i386: 1000
  Alpha: 7000
  MIPS: 3000
  UltraSparc: 5000

To ~/.rubyforge/auto-config.yml  should this not have been put there
by rubyforge config ?

I'm still a bit confused by the package concept. I now seem to have
the following packages in the ri-cal rubyforge project:

ri-cal
  0.5.2	  2009-05-28 15:54
        ri_cal-0.5.2.gem     371 KB    2  Any            .gem (RubyGem)
  0.5.1	  2009-05-26 16:06
        ri_cal-0.5.1.gem     370 KB    2  Universal     .gem (RubyGem)
  0.5.0	  2009-05-26 14:38
        ri_cal-0.5.0.gem     371 KB    2  Any             .gem (RubyGem)

ri_cal
  0.5.3	  2009-06-01 10:46
        ri_cal-0.5.3.gem     406 KB    1  Any             .gem (RubyGem)
        ri_cal-0.5.3.tgz      407 KB     0 Any              Source .zip

The first three in the ri-cal package were uploaded when I manually
uploaded before I got hoe to do it for me.

I can't seem to find a way to move files between packages.  Does it matter?

--
Rick DeNatale