[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Feature Requests-26811 ] Consider collecting and publishing DOAP information

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Jul 31 17:13:17 EDT 2009

Feature Requests item #26811, was opened at 2009-07-31 14:13
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=578&aid=26811&group_id=126

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
[I didn't realize that there was a group for RubyGems, so I posted this
 to group_id 5.  I see no way to simply move the bug report, so I'm
 reposting it here.  -r]

DOAP (Description of a Project; http://trac.usefulinc.com/doap) is a
project to create an XML/RDF vocabulary to describe software projects,
and in particular open source.  In many cases, the information is
equivalent to that stored in the RubyGems metadata.

I'd like to see RubyGems:

  *  publish equivalent metadata in DOAP format

  *  investigate the collection and publication of fields that
     are currently missing from the RubyGems metadata

  *  work with DOAP to investigate adding fields that are currently
     missing from DOAP