[Rubygems-developers] 'gem update' Fails, but 'gem update X' Works

Randy Parker randy.j.parker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 18:11:59 EDT 2009

Yes, adding Errno::EPIPE seems to have completely solved the problem!(barring
very unlikely coincidences)

Thank you !

For reference, the line # was correct for my "remote_fetcher.rb" file from
June 3, 2009 in rubygems 1.3.5
My lines 337 - 340 are now:

    # HACK work around EOFError bug in Net::HTTP
    # NOTE Errno::ECONNABORTED raised a lot on Windows, and make impossible
    # to install gems.
    rescue EOFError, Errno::ECONNABORTED, Errno::ECONNRESET, Errno::EPIPE

- Randy

http://mobiledyne.com