[Rubygems-developers] 'gem update' Fails, but 'gem update X' Works

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 00:44:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Randy Parker<randy.j.parker at gmail.com> wrote:
> X stands for every gem that has a more recent version available.Depending on
> the day I run gem update, X can stand for every one of several dozen
> specific gems.
> It will do no good to send you the
> debug output.  The whole point is that as soon as I specify the
> specific name of the gems, then "gem update" works.  Today, for
> example, the first X I encounter is "actionmailer"

The debug output is helpful for us to pinpoint the root of the issue.

There are some weird mirror issues I've spotted several times with
RubyForge that is making RubyGems behave incorrectly.

That's why I ask you please send the --debug output when doing gem
update, so in that way we can see if: the problems are the quick
indexes, the contact to the mirror, unpacking issues, etc.

Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry