[Rubygems-developers] 'gem update' Fails, but 'gem update X' Works

Randy Parker randy.j.parker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:24:33 EDT 2009

X stands for every gem that has a more recent version available.Depending on
the day I run gem update, X can stand for every one of several dozen
specific gems.

It will do no good to send you the
debug output.  The whole point is that as soon as I specify the
specific name of the gems, then "gem update" works.  Today, for
example, the first X I encounter is "actionmailer"

http://mobiledyne.com