[Rubygems-developers] 'gem update' Fails, but 'gem update X' Works

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:05:45 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Randy Parker<randy.j.parker at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I do a general "sudo gem update" on my mac, I get "could not find  gem
> X locally or in a repository".
> But if I do "sudo gem update X", the gem gets updated without  incident.

What is X?

Perhaps X hasn't been spread to all the gem mirrors and making it fail.

Please provide the output of sudo gem update X --debug

And please tell the name of the gem, being hosted at RubyForge there
is no mystery about we seen you using that particular gem.
Luis Lavena
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry