[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Bugs-8993 ] ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Jul 17 03:38:04 EDT 2009

Bugs item #8993, was opened at 2007-03-02 11:26
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=575&aid=8993&group_id=126

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Running --

C:\ruby\rubygems-0.9.2>ruby -v
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i386-mswin32]

Installing rubygems --

  Successfully built RubyGem
  Name: sources
  Version: 0.0.1
  File: sources-0.0.1.gem
Removing old RubyGems RDoc and ri...
Installing rubygems-0.9.2 ri...
Installing rubygems-0.9.2 rdoc...

As of RubyGems 0.8.0, library stubs are no longer needed.
Searching $LOAD_PATH for stubs to optionally delete (may take a while)...
...done.
No library stubs found.

Attempting rails install --

C:\ruby\rubygems-0.9.2>gem install rails
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address
was supplied.(Errno::ENOTCONN)

I'm not sure, but this seems to be a bug.

Comment By: joseph george (zapping)