[Rubygems-developers] Question on platform, x64

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 14:27:38 EST 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Luis Lavena wrote:
> There is no way to conditionally tell rubygems that "under this
> platform, please build this extension".

Would any build command be platform dependent?  I'm thinking (out
loud) that for some platforms the build command could be `true;` or
some other NO-OP which is successful.  The un module doesn't have
true or anything else NO-OP-like.

Then you always build, but for some platforms nothing happens.

[Not sure how to frame a query to see if this has been thought of
already, as I'm sure this is likely, but...]