[Rubygems-developers] Question on platform, x64

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Tue Jan 27 12:42:20 EST 2009

Hi,

I released sys-proctable 0.8.0 last night. The Linux version has its own source file (pure Ruby), and the resulting gem is called "sys-proctable-0.8.0-x86-linux.gem". However, when I try to install it on a RHEL here at work, it tries to install an older version.

I _think_ this is happening because I built it on a x32 Linux (Ubuntu) system at home, while the RHEL box here at work are x64. If I build the gem on the RHEL box, for example, I end up with "sys-proctable-0.8.0-x86_64-linux.gem".

I tried installing using "--platform=linux", but that didn't seem to help.

That a bug? Or did I miss something? Is there a spec option I can tweak to say "Any Linux Platform"?

Thanks,

Dan