[Rubygems-developers] [ rubygems-Bugs-25493 ] Feature: Make trailing zeroes in gem version significant

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:10:30 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:15 AM,  <noreply at rubyforge.org> wrote:

> Initial Comment:
> I'd like for 1.0.0 to be seen as > 1.0

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me and I suspect that it would
be significantly more confusing to users.

What's the use case for this? Why should (1.0.0 > 1.0) be true? To me,
1, 1.0, and 1.0.0 are all the same in a dotted versioning system.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com * http://www.halostatue.ca/
               * austin at halostatue.ca * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/